Friday 28 December 2012

You have got to be FRAKING Kidding me!

So my first proper day off today in about two weeks i.e. no work, shopping, in-laws or hangovers, just a day to do what I want.  Thought I could spend a bit of time with the Mrs, do a few chores and then spend the majority of the day in the Man Corner, getting in my first entry for the painting challenge.

Nope.  In fact, I didn't even get to breakfast before it hit the fan.

Turns out our boiler went on the fritz.  No big deal right?  Things happen, it's winter, won't be a huge deal to fix.  Not according to the engineer who came round, spent an hour poking around in there with some fancy bits of kit, then gave us two choices; expensive 1 or expensive 2.

Well, that's just fantastic.  We even got the bloody thing serviced about six weeks ago and it got a clear bill of health from the friendly (but obviously incompetent) engineer.  That's put a dampener on the day anyway. We've gone with expensive 2, which, at this time of year means no heating or hot water for at least a week.  At least the Mrs got a scarf for Christmas.

Actually, I can feel a long rant and moan coming on, so I'd better call this post done.  Hope everyone's day went better than ours.  S.

8 comments:

  1. That sucks.

    atleast it's not as cold as it could be at the moment in the UK thanks to all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, could be worse. While he was here, the engineer took a call from someone getting water in from a flat above, whose owner was away on holiday. That would really suck!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that mate, hope it gets sorted soon...real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these were "British Gas" guys - then I am not surprised, we had two terrible episodes with them while back in UK...

    Sorry to hear of your woes! Wrap up warm. The lack of hot showers would be my biggest concern...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Fortunately, we've never gotten round to replacing the old electric shower. As it stands, it and the kettle are the only sources of hot water! I was in the shower for about half an hour today, warming up!

      Delete
  4. Yjat sucks, even though it's not AS cold it's still cold with no heating. Hope you get it sorted soon

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's bad news! I hope its not that wallet emptying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say, I'm glad I've bought a lot of stuff lately . . . because I won't be buying much in the near future!

      Delete